Social, business, cultural entrepreneurship and MISSION
Building the Inner Human Condition to Nurture Entrepreneurs in All Areas of Society
• There is global excitement on entrepreneurship.
• However today, entrepreneurship is associated mostly with business.
• But entrepreneurship has a much broader meaning.
• Consider these results from a Google Search:
o “Social Entrepreneurship” = 4.05 million results
o “Political Entrepreneurship” = 33,400 results
o “Cultural entrepreneurship” = 84,200 results
ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN THE THREE SPHERES OF SOCIETY
Entrepreneurs work in the three spheres of society.
WHAT REALLY DOES ENTREPRENEURSHIP MEAN?
"Entrepreneurship” refers to a set of human qualities that enable individuals and/or groups of individuals to address burning issues of society and humanity.
• Entrepreneurs = Risk Takers in Knowledge, Creativity, and Innovation
• Culture, the natural habitat of entrepreneurs
• Skills and values of entrepreneurs developed primarily by cultural institutions: family, school, media, civil society, and others.
WHAT IS MISSION?
• MISSION stands for Movement of Imaginals for Sustainable Societies Through Initiatives Organizing and Networking.
o an individual who is both creative and results-oriented.
o In short, an individual who walks the talk.
• TRANSFORMS “ningas cogon” (short term enthusiasm without action) mentality and culture to “gamut cogon”reality (persistent, nimble, sustainable action).
• A NON-PARTISAN, cultural, scientific and spiritual global movement advocating societal transformation on the basis of deep inner change.
• Made up of individuals active as entrepreneurs in business, government, and civil society.
MISSION’S ANALYTICAL FRAMEWORK
The Three Levels of Causation that Shape Current Societal Reality
MISSION’s FRAMEWORK FOR CHANGE
Ultimately humans create social structures. However our everyday self is stuck in past beliefs and practices that produce the problems of current reality. Only our creative or imaginal selves can access a new future. And then our imaginal self turns this vision into reality through initiatives, new institutions and new structures.
MISSION entrepreneurs have started out initiatives in the following areas:
• Network Marketing
• Green Businesses
• Sustainable Agriculture
• Green Trading
• Sustainable Development Legislation
• Good governance
• Holistic Education
• Natural Health Care
• Climate Change Literacy
• Advanced Leadership Training
• National Cultural Events
• Integral Sustainable Development Mapping
GETTING ITS MESSAGE OUT
• MISSION Courage Workshops (MCW)
• Other Workshops (on biography, science and spirit, others)
• Book on MISSION entitled: Mission Possible; Sow Courage, Harvest a New World
MISSION COURAGE WORKSHOPS
• Conducted in 14 cities and provinces including:
o Naga, Laguna, Metro Manila, Baguio, Bayawan, Dumaguete, Cebu, Iloilo, Davao, General Santos, Koronadal, Cagayan de Oro, Midsayap, Iligan
• Utilized in 6 countries:
o Sweden, Germany, Finland, France, Switzerland, United States of America,
• Upcoming in 4 countries:
o New Zealand, Australia, Spain, and Latin America
• MISSION, organized as a network
• Instead of groups, network nodes
• Ninety-Five (95%) of the life of MISSION is in the nodes
• Active Nodes in 9 cities and provinces:
o Naga, Laguna, Metro Manila, Baguio, Bayawan, Dumaguete, Cebu, Iloilo, Davao.
Sustainable Empowerment Nationwide Through
Social Enterprise Initiatives (SENSEI), a nationwide training on societal entrepreneurship.